Provo police arrest man accused of rape of a child in 1990s | News
PROVO, Utah – Police in Provo have arrested a man accused of several rape charges dating back to the 1990s.
David Hamblin is facing multiple charges including 12 counts of rape of a child. The felony charges are based on events that reportedly happened between 1991 and 1998.
There is no statute of limitations for child sex crimes in Utah, meaning they can be prosecuted no matter how much time has passed.
An accuser recently went to police because she says she was afraid for her life because Hamblin had allegedly threatened to kill her.
Hamblin will be in court in American Fork on Jan. 8 for a waiver hearing.
Upcoming Events near Utah County North
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trio faces more than 70 charges for drugs, thefts at mine
- Crews rescue 6 pinned in wreckage after rollover accident
- Two men arrested in connection with fatal Orem crash, police say
- Former BYU and Raiders football player Todd Christensen dies
- Santaquin residents face big bill for sewage cleanup, city says it isn’t at fault